It is important to us that everyone contributes to protect our unique environment, so future generations can enjoy it for years to come.
Tauranga’s and the Bay of Plenty’s natural environment is one of the main reasons Kiwis and visitors from overseas chose to spend time off right here on our doorstep.
At Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park, we value our surroundings by our commitment to sustainable practices. We aim to continually reduce the holiday park’s environmental impact and enhance the amenity of our unique location.
Caring for our environment
Our goal is to preserve the magnificent environment that we live in and maintain the stunning natural beauty around us. We believe in protecting the beautiful environment of the Bay of Plenty that we call our home and enjoy, and want to ensure that our children and grandchildren, can visit and enjoy it too.
One of Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park’s core values is:
"We care for our people and our place"
We try to actively reduce any adverse effects through buying wisely, using resources efficiently, disposing of waste responsibly and providing an environmentally and socially responsible experience to our guests.
We believe in Manaakitanga and Kaitiakitanga – caring for, protecting and managing our beautiful part of New Zealand.
What we are doing
Recycling stations are located in our park and recycling bins are near our cabins to encourage guests to responsibly dispose of their waste. The holiday park office recycles too and we use emails where possible to save paper, ink and delivery costs. We are home to a giant worm farm to divert organic waste from landfill.
Energy and water savings
We make our park energy efficient by installing energy saving devices such as:
- replacing lighting with energy efficient light bulbs
- water reducing taps in bathrooms
- eco heaters in the cabins with a lower wattage
- installing a solar PV system on the office building
- replacing diesel powered vehicles with solar charged carts
We remind you to 'switch off' appliances and lighting when not in use.
- locally, which helps reduce carbon emission from transport
- from companies who have an environmental commitment
- products made in New Zealand
- products in bulk to save money, time and packaging.
How can you help us and the planet?
- Recycle your rubbish and sort it correctly at our recycle centres;
- Reduce the amount of waste you make and dispose of it responsibly;
- Please don’t litter, put all your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Water is a precious resource, please conserve;
- Wash dishes and rinse vegetables in a sink of water rather than under a running tap;
- Turning off the tap when brushing your teeth or shaving;
- Have shorter showers;
- Making sure you turn taps off properly so that they don’t drip;
- Let us know of any leaks.
- Switch off all lighting and appliances when not in use;
- Only fill up the kettle in your cabin/caravan with as much water as you need;
- Use the washing lines provided rather than the dryers.
Thank you for taking the time in helping us to protect our environment.
If you have any feedback or ideas please feel free to talk to any of our staff.
Recognition and awards
The Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park holds a Qualmark Four Plus-Star rating and Gold Sustainable Tourism Business Award, reflecting the parks top-notch facilities and accommodation options as well as the park’s commitment to sustainable practices.
We’ve been recognised for:
- an environmentally friendly and holistically sustainable experience;
- safe principles and practices as part of every experience;
- a genuine welcome and true New Zealand hospitality;
- consistently high quality levels of facilities and service.
“The award recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand, with the delivery of exceptional customer experiences as an integral part of everything they do. The Gold Sustainable Tourism Award identifies those businesses leading the way in making the New Zealand tourism industry a world class sustainable visitor destination.” Qualmark, 2018