Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park values its surroundings and the quality of facilities by our commitment to sustainable practices. We aim to continually reduce our environmental impacts and enhance the amenity of our unique location.
Caring for our environment
Our goal at Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park is to preserve the magnificent environment that we live in and maintain the stunning natural beauty around us. We believe in protecting the beautiful environment of the Bay of Plenty that we call our home and enjoy, and want to ensure that both our children and your children and grandchildren, can visit and enjoy it too.
One of Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park Core Values is:
"We care for our people and our place"
We will try to actively reduce any adverse effects through buying wisely, using resources efficiently, disposing of waste responsibly and providing an environmentally and socially responsible experience to our guests.
We believe in Manaakitanga and Kaitiakitanga - caring for, protecting and managing our beautiful slice of New Zealand.
What we are doing:
- Recycling stations are located in our park and recycling bins are near our cabins to encourage guests to responsibly dispose of their waste.
- We recycle items in the office too, paper, envelopes, packaging etc.
- Using emails where possible to save paper, ink and delivery costs.
Energy and Water Savings - We are making our buildings energy efficient by installing energy saving devices such as:
- Replacing lighting with energy efficient light bulbs
- Water reducing taps in bathrooms
- Reminding you to 'switch off' appliances and lighting when not in use
- Eco heaters in the cabins have a lower wattage.
- Purchasing locally, which helps reduce carbon emission from transport.
- Buying from companies who have an environmental commitment.
- Buying products made in New Zealand.
- Buying products in bulk to save money, time and packaging.
What you can do to help....
Recycle your rubbish and sorting it correctly at our recycle centres.
Conserve water and energy by:
- Switching off all lighting and appliances when not in use
- Limiting the amount of time you spend in the shower
- Being careful not to overfill the kettle in your cabin / caravan - use only as much water as you need
- Using the washing lines provided rather than the dryers.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any feedback or ideas on any of these items please feel free to talk to any of our staff.
Last Reviewed: 01/08/2016